Nigezza Creates aka Gez, Independent Stampin' Up® Demonstrator
Thank you for joining me today with a #stampinforall Design Team Challenge, using scraps. I am sure that I am not the only one who keeps all their scraps, pretty soon there are so many of them that you find a box for them and then you forget what's in it, then you have another box and another! lol
Well I have been meaning to do something with my huge paper scrap mountain so when I was asked to set the Wednesday Challenge over at #stampinforall I was delighted that the theme was scraps.
What did I do?
- I took a thin piece of A4 cardstock (standard 8 1/2" x 11" would also work)
- I glued the scraps down butting all the edges together
- You could overlap if you wanted to but my scraps were all strips
- Once I had covered the card stock I trimmed the edges where the scraps had extended over the edge
- Then I used the patchwork sheet as a single sheet of paper
- I basically did a one sheet wonder
- I created these 7 cards using different sized rectangles.
- I just cut them up randomly as I was making it up as I went along, I love crafting like that!
- I cut the first 2 rectangles by cutting 3" off the short end and cutting that strip in half
- I matted it onto Whisper White with a 1/8" border
- When I placed it on a card base with a sentiment that I had stamped onto Whisper White I felt it needed something behind it
- I then remembered that I had some bigger strips and I layered them behind
- I also added ribbons and glitter dots.
- Scraps from Floral Garden DSP
- Card bases in Sweep Sugar Plum, Pool Party, Old Olive, Calypso Coral
- Stamp sets, Stylised Birthday, Animal Outing, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Lots of Happy card kit stamps, Flower Shop
- Glitter dots and ribbon scraps
- Leaf Punch, Daisy Punch, Stitched Framelits
- Click below to see how I made these cards
Ready for the close ups!
I hope you will have a go at using up your scraps, please show me if you do I'd love to see them :-)
See you again soon
My ShopMy shop is open 24/7 Click here to shop!
- Click here to join my team!
- No obligation to sell, make videos, blog etc
- You can just join up and get the 20% discount for yourself
- If you want to start a business for £99 then this is the way to do it!
- Chose £130 of products for £99
- You also receive a business pack to get you started
- 2 months FREE online shop
- Support from me and the wider team when you join my team
- I am a Simply Stylish Stamper which is Crafty Carolines team
- I am also a Pootler which is Pootles team (Sam)
- You will also become one of these when you join with me