Fruit BasketTodays project is using the Fruit Basket stamp set and matching punches. When I saw the sentiment "We make a great pear" I was reminded of Power Point Slides I used to make when I was teaching to illustrate that I wanted the students to work in pairs. I would put a pear on the slide! It amused me and some of the kids either laughed or groaned some just didn't get it lol.
I therefore thought I have to make a crd with that sentiment. I then thought about how I would use it and thought it would do for an anniversary card (its my 30th anniversary this year) or you could send it to a best friend.
I decided to make 2 versions then the camera stopped filming so I ended up with 3 versions!
Here is how I made them
- I used Emerald Envy Cardstock 6x3 and scored in half
- Whisper White cardstock stamped the pear in Emerald Envy once full strength and then in half strength
- I stamped them in rows and used washy tape to help keep them straight.
- For the stalk I used Lemon Lime Twist, again in full and half strength ink.
- I stamped some spare pears on a scrap so I could punch them out with the pear punch.
- This was then cut out using the largest Stitched Framelit Square
- I stamped the sentiment in Emerald Envy on Whisper White
- I punched it out with the small Label Punch which is not big enough so I punched the 'Pear' separately
- I popped the sentiment and the 3 pears up on mini dimensionals
To make this card I cut the layers as below - these are my standard way of cutting layers and they give 1/8th border all round.
- I used some Emerald Envy cardstock as my base - A4 cut in half and scored in half, this makes a C6 card 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
- I cut a mat in Whisper White card stock just 1/4" smaller on each side - 5 5/8th x 3 7/8th
- I cut a 3x3 square of emerald envy
- I stamped some Whisper White in pears in the same way as for the 3x3 card
- I stamped the sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist
- I cut this using the Largest Stitched Framelit Square
- Then I cut it again to form a small rectangle to form a stitched rectangle frame
- I cut a strip of Lemon Lime Twist 2 x 5 5/8th
- I sued the Tripple Tag punch and flagged the end
- This was such behind the topper
This unfortunately didn't film!
Second C6 card
For this card I did the same as above but without the Whisper White layer.
It would be easy to do this with all the fruit stamps and to illustrate I have down it in the strawberry using Berry Burst and Flirty Flamingo and a simple Happy Birthday message.
I hope yo like these cards and if you make them then please show me your cards. I would be interested to know which you like best.
By buying the stamp set and the Punches together you save 10%, they are £31.50. If you add another another £13.50 to your order you can choose a Sale-A-Bration item free. There is a set of Ink Spots in this suite which gives you 4 mini ink pads in 4 different colours for £8.25. Tutti-frutti Classic Stamping' Spots are 145644. Then you just need some card stock and glue and you are already to make some beautiful cards and you could choose the co-ordinating card blanks from the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
See you tomorrow with a colour challenge card :-)
Don't forget the amazing joining offer during Sale-A-Bration, for £99 you choose £130 worth of Stampin' Up products from both current catalogues AND 2 stamp set of your choice.
There is NO OBLIGATION to sell, start a business you can just enjoy the 20% discount on your orders :-)