The first one of these stockings I made with the DSP I was disappointed with how it looked at the back, so the second one I decided to stick the DSP to the Cherry Cobbler card stock I had used for the pillow box. This gave it the same uniform colour on the back plus a bit of added strength. I am planning on making 25 of these for an Advent Calendar so want them to last for years!
I have used last years retired Christmas DSP that is still on the clearance rack - Warmth &Cheer £3.60 you can get 2 stocking fronts from one sheet of 6x6 so that would be 96 stockings!
I love the colour palette of this DSP.
I used Cherry Cobble card stock for the back of the stocking - I love this rich red for Christmas projects.
The possibilities to decorate your stocking are endless with the amount of elements in this Trim Your Stocking die set. For this stocking I went with Whisper White card stock, the snowflake and a pompom trim - simple and stylish - well I am a member of Crafty Caroline Creates' Simply Stylish Stampers!
|You need to trim the top of the DSP off following the score line before you adhere it to the Card stock|
|It is much easier to decorate your stocking before you assemble it!|
|Cut the little slit for the ribbon - make sure you do it on the right side!|
|Make sure you put your glue right to the corners the pillow box is correctly assembled - I think liquid glue works best as you have time to wiggle into place.|
|I think the stocking looks better from the back when the DSP is stuck to the card stock and it matches the pillow box so worth doing IMO!|
|I think these stocking would look great as Christmas decorations, give them as a gift and the gift just keeps giving every year!|
My ShopMy shop is open 24/7 Click here to shop!
- Click here to join my team!
- No obligation to sell, make videos, blog etc
- You can just join up and get the 20% discount for yourself
- If you want to start a business for £99 then this is the way to do it!
- Chose £130 of products for £99
- You also receive a business pack to get you started
- 2 months FREE online shop
- Support from me and the wider team when you join my team
- I am a Simply Stylish Stamper which is Crafty Carolines team
- I am also a Pootler which is Pootles team (Sam)
- You will also become one of these when you join with me