Saturday, 24 January 2015

My First Project with Stampin Up!

It's been a while - been busy graduating with a Masters Degree, having a big birthday, Christmas and joining Stampin Up!

My kit arrived a week ago and I couldn't wait to dig in a get started.  I was really excited about the trimmer as this was going to allow me to cut inside the edges of the paper which will extend the projects I can do.  Hence this first card - I have wanted to make one of these for ages but having a guillotine would not allow me to do it.

I could only chose one colour with Whisper White so as its almost valentines day I decided to go with Cherry Cobbler because I thought that the Lotus Blossom stamp would look like a rose bud. The Lotus Blossom stamp set is a free off at the moment with Stampin up - it is part of the 'Sale-A-Bration promotion - when you spend £45 you get to choose one item in the Sale-A-Bration catalogue free. If you are interested in buying any of the product please leave a comment and I will direct you to my website.

I had to adapt the measurements I found as they were for 6x12 and I had A4 sheet - so I recalculated to fit the dimensions of A4. I cut the A4 sheet down - see picture below for measurements - score lines and cut lines:

 
 
 
I used Cherry Cobbler card stock for the actual card but that would not have shown up very well in the picture! Then I worked out the dimensions of the mats for the decoration,  here is another picture to show the dimensions of these:
 
No idea why this is in this orientation as this is not how it was saved! I have included both metric and imperial measurements

 
The score lines were creased alone the top section and bottom section separately using valley and mountain folds and middle section was folded in the opposite direction missing out the first and last score line.  The video will make this clear .
 
The 3 large mats were stamped with the 3 step lotus Blossom stamp, the 2 long mats were stamped with the long leaf stamp and 4 of the 8 small mats were stamped with a smaller section of the leaves.  the remaining 4 small mats were stamped with the Lotus Blossom stamp but this time in a 2 step method using stamp 2 and 3 to give a different affect.
 
The stem was stamped with a Tim Holtz distress ink in Peeled Paint and this was also used to ink up all the edges of the mat and also to water colour the leaves. 
 
All the mats were stuck down with tacky glue and an extra mat on the back to write a message on.
 
Here is the end result:-
 
  
 
I will post the video here when its uploaded to YouTube - it went a bit funny in places so I need to edit it again ;-(
 

No comments:

Post a comment