I am delighted to share my first project as part of the Design Team at #stampingforall. The theme for this project was 'Party Time' so I looked at the new stamp sets from the Stampin' Up Spring Summer catalogue and chose 'Picture Perfect Birthday'. There are so many things in this set that say party to me.
There are gift bows, candles, party blowers, confetti and fabulous sentiments. So I decided to pick the candles and the confetti to Gove the feel of a real celebration in this card. I did one card using Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist and the other using Berry Burst and Flirty Flamingo.
To make this card I cut the layers as below - these are my standard way of cutting layers and they give 1/8th border all round.
- I used some Berry Burst as my base - A4 cut in half and scored in half, this makes a C6 card 5 7/8th x 4 1/8th
- I cut a mat in Whisper White card stock just 1/4" smaller on each side - 5 5/8th x 3 7/8th
- I used a scrap of Whisper White for the sentiment that was cut out using the 2" Circle Punch
- I used a scrap of Berry Burst to cut a mat using the Starburst Punch.
- I used a small scrap of Flirty Flamingo 1x 3 7/8
- I used a length of Berry Burst 3/8" Metallic-Edge Ribbon
- I mounted the candle stamps onto an acrylic blog using my grid pad
- I allowed 2 squares between each candle so that I could stamp the 3 different candles in one go in one colour Berry Burst.
- I then repeated in the second colour Flirty Flamingo.
- I then lined the candles up at the base of the Whisper White layer leaving a small gap at the bottom edge
- I stamped the candle flames in Daffodil Delight
- I then used the 2 different confetti stamp and stamps all over in on in Berry Burst and then with the other in Flirty Flamingo.
- I then stamped the sentiment in Berry Burst.
- I cut the sentiment out with the 2" Circle Punch
- I punch out a Starburst in Berry Burst using the Starburst Punch
- These were then stuck together
- I trimmed a 1/4" off the bottom of the card layer so the candles were all neat
- I then stuck the Flirty Flamingo scrap to the bottom of the card
- I then added the ribbon to the stamped card layer
- Used dimensionals to pop up the sentiment
- Stuck the layer to the card black allowing the scrap of Flirty Flaming to show at the bottom.
Cards made by members of #stampingforall
|This is a card by Debbie Harper, I love the party hat look.|
There cards are by Karen McClure, I really love these cards :-)